WildEarth Guardians jobs – come work for us!
Digital Advocacy & Membership Manager
Job Type: Full Time / Exempt
The Digital Advocacy & Membership Manager will be responsible for creating and delivering compelling, engaging digital content to Guardians members, email activists, and social media followers, growing these audiences, and increasing Guardians total membership and membership revenue. The candidate will have proven experience in fundraising and online advocacy and will bring expert knowledge of cutting edge trends in email, social media, digital advertising, and SMS communications. The right candidate will also have experience partnering with diverse teams and individuals to get buy-in and support for achieving ambitious goals for both fundraising and digital advocacy. This is an associate position and reports to the Development Director. The Development Director will prioritize work as needed but the Digital Membership Manager will need to work independently and have decision making authority over the work they manage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Balance time and attention between digital fundraising, list growth, and paid social advocacy
- Lead efforts, in collaboration with communications, development, program, and organizing staff, to manage and expand digital and email member acquisition and conversion strategies. This includes aggressively growing our email subscriber list to grow our financially contributing members.
- Oversee the development of strategy and calendar management for digital fundraising content
- Create and design digital content; assist Membership Manager with print content as needed
- Oversee design and implementation of A/B and other testing to maximize advocacy and fundraising performance
- Work with membership manager and digital systems specialists to oversee management and ongoing assessment of CRM system
- Partner with communications to monitor and analyze digital metrics, oversee email production and distribution, manage social media calendar and paid promotion.
- Advise and train organizational staff on email strategy, new tactics, and best practices
- Partner with communications to manage broadcast SMS systems for digital advocacy and fundraising
- Keep abreast of new trends in online advocacy, fundraising and organizing in order to provide creative ideas to the communications and development teams Identify new opportunities and channels for digital fundraising and advocacy
- Manage necessary contractors and vendors
- Assist with other development projects and events as requested.
- Performs duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or proven experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in digital fundraising, paid advertising, social media, and online communication, preferred
- Experience running successful and dynamic data driven digital ad programs, peer-to-peer campaigns, and other email and member acquisition strategies required
- Comprehensive knowledge of current, emerging and innovative best practice in fundraising required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an exceptional and demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform at a high level while working under multiple deadlines • Expertise in digital communications and social media platforms with a commitment to continued learning
- Experience maximizing email deliverability and retention in an ever-changing digital ecosystem
- Deep understanding of content management software, website development, and digital analytics, including Google Analytics.
- High level awareness of news, politics, policy developments, and issues related to WildEarth Guardians vision and program work
- Team player with experience collaborating with diverse individuals across multiple time zones
- Ability to maintain high levels of competence, creativity, and professionalism.
- Committed to practicing WildEarth Guardians’ principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Passion for protecting the environment and wild world.
- Availability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work at a computer for the majority of the workday.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000 annually
WildEarth Guardians offers a friendly and flexible, team-based environment with an excellent benefits package. Benefits include full health, vision, dental, life, and disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan with a 3% match, paid and unpaid health and family leave, a sabbatical policy, sick leave, three weeks paid vacation to start, and fourteen holidays including your birthday. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please fill out our application form by following the link provided. You will be asked to upload your current resume and a cover letter explaining your previous experience and interest in this position.
Status of opening: Currently accepting applications.
Submission deadline: Oct 7, 2022
Equal Opportunity & ADA Statement
WildEarth Guardians is an Equal Opportunity Organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We encourage applications from persons of color, women and LGBTQ+ candidates.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, WildEarth Guardians will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
About WildEarth Guardians
WildEarth Guardians is a non-profit organization that works to protect and restore the wildlife, wild places, wild rivers and health of the American West. Guardians work on a diverse range of campaigns from anti-fracking in the Greater Chaco to road decommissioning in national forests in the Pacific Northwest.
Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) VISION STATEMENT
Read Wildearth Guardian’s Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion statement